Our FAQ has moved!
Visit our new and improved FAQ at: https://www.carvana.com/faq
Have a question that could be answered without picking up the phone and dialing our Customer Advocate team? You’ve come to the right place! Below is a list of frequently asked questions that may be helpful to you. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, don’t hesitate to call 1-800-333-4554.
- What happens at delivery?
- What if I don’t like my car? Can I return it?
- What are the limits of the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
- Am I in a local market?
- I’m outside of your delivery region – how would the delivery process work for me?
- Does the vehicle come with a full tank of gas?
- Does Carvana refund the full amount if I return the vehicle during the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
- If I am outside one your local markets, how long will it take to ship the vehicle? What determines the length of shipping time? (DIRECT DELIVERY)
- What does the shipping fee cover? Is it refundable? (DIRECT DELIVERY)
- I have a trade-in. Will the third party transport pick that up as well? (DIRECT DELIVERY)
- Where is the vehicle being registered if Carvana is not in my area?
- What is the location of the actual car I’m browsing online?
- Are Carvana’s vehicles certified?
- I want a car that is purchase pending. Can I buy it?
- How does Carvana’s purchase process work?
- What happens after I place my order?
- What’s the latest I can add the extended warranty?
- Can I sell my vehicle to Carvana without buying a car from you?
- Will the trade-in value I receive from Carvana change?
- Can I trade-in more than one vehicle on the same purchase?
- What happens to my car if I traded it in, but want it back during my 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
- How does Carvana determine trade-in values?
- Will you price match or negotiate on my trade value?
- What kind of information do I need to provide in order for Carvana to buy my car?
- What is negative equity?
- I want to finance with my bank/credit union. How does that work?
- If I have bad credit, can I still finance my purchase through Carvana?
- If I’m financing with Carvana, are the financing terms I see on the site actual terms? Will they change?
- How long are my Carvana Financing terms good for?
- How does Carvana determine financing terms and rates?
- Am I able to pay more than the required amount for my monthly payment without incurring a penalty?
- What are my options if I can’t afford the down payment?
- When is my down payment due?
- Can I split my down payment into multiple payments?
- When is the first monthly payment due?
- Can I add a co-signer to my vehicle purchase?
- Does Carvana offer financing if choose to purchase elsewhere?
- Can I use a credit for my down payment or monthly payment?
- My down payment is too high. What are my options?
- When do I need to get insurance?
- What is the lien holder address for insurance purposes?
- What kind of insurance do I need?
- What should I do about my insurance if I return my vehicle during the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
- Does Carvana offer GAP coverage?
- What is the Limited Warranty?
- What is Carvana Care?
- What isn’t covered by the Limited Warranty and Carvana Care?
- Do your warranties come with roadside assistance?
- How do I use my Limited Warranty?
WHAT IS CARVANA?
How does your process work?
Carvana is the whole new way to buy a car, so our process is nothing like what you would experience on a sales lot. Just like shopping for a new couch or your next favorite pair of shoes, Carvana offers a car buying experience for today’s world: completely online, done from the comfort of your home, on your own time, with delivery right to your door.
Using our list of comprehensive filters, you can narrow down your search and check out the 360-degree tours of the actual cars! No stock photos here. On each vehicle’s display page, we’ve also highlighted all the details and specs, pointed out the most noticeable imperfections, provided review data from Edmunds, and you can even find a direct link to the vehicle’s CarFax!
Once you’ve found the car that’s right for you, click “Get Started” to see all the steps on the online purchase dashboard. There you’ll be able to select your payment option from Carvana Financing, third party financing, or cash. Next, you can choose to apply a trade, add GAP coverage, or add a Carvana Care extended warranty (if available on your chosen vehicle). We will ask you to upload your driver’s license along with some other documents based on your purchase. In the last step, you get to choose your delivery or pick-up details! Once your order is placed, our Underwriting Team will review your account and reach out with an update. Don’t worry, we’ll always contact you to confirm your appointment. The specifics of your delivery or pick-up will depend on your location, so click here for more information. Regardless of your location, every car will come with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee and 100-day/4,189-mile Limited Warranty.
Sounds easy right? It is. We’re committed to putting our customers first and giving you a great experience every step of the way. If you need any help throughout the process, our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Advocates are just a phone call away at 1-800-333-4554.
DELIVERIES AND RETURNS
What happens at delivery?
If you are receiving your vehicle in a local market, you will need to have your driver’s license and proof of full coverage insurance for the new vehicle. One of our delivery advocates will arrive at the time you scheduled online and allow you to take the vehicle out on your own for a 15-20 minute drive so you can be sure the car meets your expectations. If you have a trade-in, this is when we will do the final trade inspection. When you return, you will have the option to accept or reject the vehicle. If you accept, that is when we will process the funds for your purchase and go over registration paperwork. The day you receive the vehicle starts day 1 of your 7-day Money Back Guarantee.
If you are receiving your vehicle outside of a local market, we utilize a third party transport company so we are unable to provide an exact date and time. We will provide you with an estimated delivery window of a few days. When your driver is about 24 hours away, they should call you directly to set up a more specific time to drop off the vehicle.
What if I don’t like my car? Can I return it?
Our top priority is that you are 100% satisfied with your vehicle. All Carvana cars come with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee. If you decide you don’t like the car for any reason during those first 7 days, just give us a call to set up a return or exchange. Whether you don’t like the color, don’t like the way it drives, or it doesn’t fit your lifestyle, returning or exchanging is that simple!
Unlike a traditional dealership, when you receive your Carvana car, you get to actually live with it for 7 days. Take it on the freeway, see how it fits in your garage, and how you can maneuver it into a parking space at the grocery store. Does the trunk fit your child’s stroller or your golf clubs? If you have a trusted mechanic and want an outside opinion, feel free to take it in for an inspection.
There is no fee to return or exchange a vehicle for customers in our local markets. If you are outside of a local market, you will be refunded the price you paid for the vehicle, excluding the delivery fee. Click here for more information on local markets.
What are the limits of the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
There are a few limits surrounding our 7-day Money Back Guarantee. The first day of your test-own period starts on the day that you receive the vehicle. If you decide to return your vehicle, please let us know prior to 5 p.m. EST on the 7th calendar day after receiving it. We will make arrangements with you to coordinate the return at that time. Additionally, you can drive the vehicle up to 400 miles during your 7-day test-own period. You can still return the car if it’s driven over 400 miles, however, for every additional mile after the 400-mile limit, we will charge you a fee of $1.00 per mile. Please note, we cannot accept a return where the car has been modified, damaged, or altered from its original condition when we delivered it to you. We also cannot accept a return if the car has been in an accident or has had a lien or other encumbrance put on the vehicle (other than the retail installment contract you signed with Carvana).
Am I in a local market? What if I’m outside a local market?
If you are within a local market, you are eligible for free delivery. If you are outside a local market but are able to meet us within one, we are happy to work with you to find a mutual meeting spot if you give us a call at 1-800-333-4554. If you are outside a local market and would like the vehicle delivered right to your door, there will be a transport fee that is non-refundable should you choose to return your vehicle. Below is our growing list of local markets:
- Alabama (Birmingham)
- Arizona (Phoenix, Prescott, Tolleson, Tucson)
- California (Bakersfield, Fresno, Los Angeles, Modesto, Ontario, Oxnard, Sacramento, Salinas, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Stockton, Vallejo, Visalia)
- Colorado (Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley)
- Connecticut (Hartford, Norwich)
- Florida (Deltona, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Miami, Naples, North Port, Ocala, Orlando, Palm Bay, Port St. Lucie, Tampa)
- Georgia (Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah)
- Illinois (Chicago, Rockford)
- Indiana (Elkhart, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, South Bend)
- Kansas (Kansas City, Topeka)
- Kentucky (Louisville)
- Maryland (Baltimore, Hagerstown, Salisbury)
- Massachusetts (Barnstable, Boston-Danvers, Boston-Norfolk)
- Michigan (Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing)
- Missouri (St. Louis)
- New Jersey (Atlantic City, Delanco, Newark, Trenton)
- New Mexico (Albuquerque)
- New York (Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, New York City, Rochester, Syracuse, Westchester-Westport)
- Nevada (Las Vegas)
- North Carolina (Asheville, Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Hickory, Raleigh, Wilmington)
- Ohio (Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown)
- Oklahoma (Oklahoma City)
- Pennsylvania (Allentown, Erie, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, Reading, Scranton-Moosic, York-Hanover)
- South Carolina (Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville, Myrtle Beach-Conway, Spartanburg)
- Tennessee (Chattanooga, Clarksville, Johnson City, Kingsport, Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville)
- Texas (Austin, Beaumont, Blue Mound, College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Killeen, San Antonio, Waco)
- Virginia (Charlottesville, Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach)
- Washington, D.C.
- Wisconsin (Appleton, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee)
I’m outside of your delivery region – how would the delivery process work for me?
Customers outside of our delivery zones have two options:
- Fly and Drive: With our fly and drive option, Carvana customers are able to book a one-way flight to one of our Car Vending Machine locations where we will arrange white glove transportation to pick you up at the airport and take you to our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine. We will subsidize $200 of your airfare to help offset the cost, and you can drive home your new car the same day. With this option, you get the full Car Vending Machine experience and will have the opportunity to test-own your car before submitting payment. Please note that we will be sending you the $200 flight subsidy in the form of a check once your 7-day test-own period has expired.
- Direct Delivery: Can’t make it to one of our Car Vending Machine locations and you live outside one of our service areas? We’ve got you covered! Carvana can arrange a third party carrier company to deliver the car to your driveway. We will keep you updated along the way to make you aware of the estimated time of arrival of your car, but please be advised that rates and time frames will vary based on your location, and your payment will be submitted prior to delivery. To receive a quote for delivery to your region, please call 1-800-333-4554 to speak to one of our Customer Advocates!
Does Carvana refund the full amount if I return the vehicle during the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
For customers within our local delivery markets, all amounts you paid will be refunded. We’ll process the refund on the day you return the car, and it should be back in your account within 3-5 days. For customers outside of our local markets, you will be refunded the price you paid for the vehicle, excluding the delivery fee. For limitations on the 7-day Money Back Guarantee, click here. For information on our local markets, click here.
If I am outside of your local markets, how long will it take to ship the vehicle? What determines the length of shipping time?
Generally, a direct delivery (delivery to a location outside our local market zones) will take between six and 12 business days from the time your purchase is fully verified by our Underwriting Team and your down payment has been processed (if applicable). Shipping time depends on the distance between your location and where the vehicle is stored.
What does the shipping fee cover? Is it refundable?
The shipping fee for direct deliveries is non-refundable, and this fee covers the cost of transportation. It is a separate cost that is not included in the vehicle price, but can be included in the financing. In the event a vehicle is returned, the fee is deducted from the down payment – if applicable – or it is debited.
I have a trade-in. Will the third party transport pick that up as well?
While our third party delivery partner has the ability to drop off your Carvana vehicle, they will not be able to pick up a trade-in. Please call our Customer Advocate Team and see how far you are away from one of our markets. If you can meet us in a local delivery zone, we can accept your trade-in!
Where is the vehicle being registered if Carvana is not in my area?
All vehicles are registered to the address that you have listed as your home when creating your Carvana account. Please keep in mind that there may be certain state requirements that must be met in order to permanently register your vehicle (e.g. a VIN inspection, emissions inspection, etc).
INVENTORY AND SEARCH
What is the location of the actual car I’m browsing online?
Our cars are located in our closed inspection centers throughout the country. As an online dealership, we don’t have cars sitting on a dealership lot for you to see – we put everything you need to know about the car on its Vehicle Details Page. This allows you to check it out from the comfort of your home without any pressure from a pushy salesperson.
Are Carvana’s vehicles certified?
All of our vehicles are Carvana Certified, meaning they have passed a 150-point inspection, have clean titles, have never been in a reported accident, and do not have fire, frame, or flood damage. In addition, we give you updated information on any open safety recalls, and we provide a CarFax report so you can view the detailed history of the vehicle. Every Carvana vehicle even comes with a complimentary 100-day/4,189-mile Limited Warranty! We want you to have the highest confidence in the quality of your Carvana car, so you are welcome to take it to a local dealership or ASE certified mechanic during your 7-day test-own and have it inspected.
I want a car that is purchase pending. Can I buy it?
Vehicles showing the yellow “Purchase Pending” banner may become available again if the customer who currently has the vehicle locked in their name does not move forward with their purchase. We encourage you to save the vehicle to your “Favorites” and then check back to see if it becomes available again. If it does, go ahead and click “Get Started” on the vehicle’s page and complete some steps of the purchase dashboard to lock that vehicle into your account.
How does Carvana’s purchase process work?
It starts with our showroom on Carvana.com. When searching for the perfect vehicle, we understand you have a big decision to make. Clicking on the “Find My Car” tab will get you to our search filters where you can narrow down your search. Want a hatchback with heated seats, a sun roof, and less than 20,000 miles? We’ve got you covered! Don’t see anything that matches that search right now? Click “Save Search” and you’ll be able to receive email alerts when that vehicle becomes available. Deciding between a few options and need some time to think about it? Click on the heart icon and add that vehicle to your Favorites. That’s a great place to compare and decide on the vehicle for you. Once you’ve pared it down to the best of the best, you’ll want to click on “Get Started.” This is going to start the purchase process, which is where you customize the details of your order. One size does not fit all, and we want you to be in total control of your purchase. After you check off all the steps, it’s time to place your order!
What happens after I place my order?
Once you place your order, you will enter the verification process. This is where we verify the information that you have entered for your purchase. We’ll take a look at the documents you uploaded and the details of the deal. As long as the information you provided is accurate, your terms won’t change. We aren’t in the business of bait-and-switch!
What’s the latest I can add the extended warranty?
You are able to add CarvanaCare up until your scheduled delivery or pick-up. After accepting your vehicle, you are unable to add on the extended protection.
Can I sell my vehicle to Carvana without buying a car from you?
If you live in, or can meet us within, one of our local markets then we can absolutely accept running trade-in vehicles! You can get your trade appraisal in just a few minutes by clicking here. Trade appraisals are valid for 7 days. For more information on our local markets, click here.
Will the trade-in value I receive from Carvana change?
The trade-in value you receive from Carvana is valid for 7 days. The appraisal will not change as long as there are no informational discrepancies.
Can I trade-in more than one vehicle on the same purchase?
You cannot truly trade-in two vehicles, however we are more than happy to apply one vehicle as a trade-in and you can sell us your second vehicle outright. Depending on your location and appointment availability, we may be able to complete everything in one appointment, or we may set up a second appointment for the sale of your second vehicle.
What happens to my car if I traded it in, but want it back during my 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
We hang onto your trade during your 7-day Money Back Guarantee for this very reason! If you return your Carvana vehicle and had traded in a car to us, we will return your trade-in to you. Please note, if you’ve incurred any mileage fees, those will need to be paid before we can return your trade-in. Carvana does not report returned vehicle accounts to the credit bureaus where all conditions for return have been met.
Will you price match or negotiate on my trade value?
Carvana strives to provide a haggle and hassle-free experience for our customers. The value you receive after filling out our online appraisal is our best offer. We do not participate in price matching or negotiating.
What kind of information do I need to provide in order for Carvana to buy my car?
If you own the vehicle outright:
- We’ll need a picture of the front and back of your trade title. Be sure to include all four corners of the document in your pictures.
- We’ll need pictures of the driver’s licenses of anyone listed on the title
- We’ll need a picture of the current odometer reading from your dashboard
*Please note if anyone other than you is listed on the title, they will need to be present at the time of delivery
If you have a lien on your vehicle:
- We’ll need a picture of your vehicle’s 10-day payoff statement
- We’ll need a picture of the registration card
- We’ll need pictures of the driver’s licenses of anyone on the registration
- We’ll need a picture of the current odometer reading from your dashboard
*If your vehicle has negative equity, we will also need a picture of the front and back of a certified check for the amount of negative equity. Please speak with a member of our Customer Advocate team before getting this check so we can tell you the exact amount owed.
What is negative equity?
Negative equity is when you owe more on your current lien than the value at which Carvana appraises your vehicle. For example, if you still owe your bank $10,000 for your current vehicle and Carvana appraises your vehicle’s value at $8,000, your negative equity would be $2,000; the difference between the lien and the value.
I want to finance with my bank/credit union. How does that work?
During the purchase process, you will be asked to provide the name of your bank or credit union, the amount of your loan, and your loan officer’s name and contact information, if applicable. We recommend that you are already approved or pre-approved with your lender before starting the online purchase process.
Once you complete the purchase process and schedule for delivery, our underwriting team will provide you the necessary documents to forward to your bank or loan officer to finalize your loan. Please note that your loan must be funded and we will need to verify the method of payment with your financial institution before we can confirm your delivery or pickup.
If I have bad credit, can I still finance my purchase through Carvana?
Carvana works with all types of credit! Our minimum requirements to obtain financing are as follows: you are at least 18 years old, make at least $10,000 in yearly income, and have no active bankruptcies. After filling out a financing application, which can be done here, you will see your personalized financing terms under the picture of each vehicle. This will show you the monthly payment, minimum required down payment, and your APR. These terms are valid for 45 days. If Carvana financing isn’t the way you want to go, we do work with most third party lenders as well.
If I’m financing with Carvana, are the financing terms I see on the site actual terms? Will they change?
At Carvana, we believe you should not have to take a hit to your credit score to see what your financing terms will be. Once you complete a financing application on our site, the terms you see are accurate and personalized for you, based on the information you provided. We offer our best terms up front so you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. As long as the information provided is accurate and can be fully verified by our Underwriting Team, there will not be any changes to your terms. If you have not yet completed a financing application, click here to get your terms with no hit to your credit.
How long are my Carvana Financing terms good for?
Once you fill out the initial financing application on our website, your personalized financing terms will be valid for 45 days. The only reasons these terms would change during those 45 days is if you update your personal information or if our Underwriting Team is unable to verify the information you provided. The underwriting process begins once your order has been placed.
How does Carvana determine financing terms and rates?
Your Carvana Financing terms are based on your credit history, yearly income, and the price of the vehicle you’re looking at. Since vehicle price is a factor, you will notice that your terms will vary depending on the price of the vehicle.
Am I able to pay more than the required amount for my monthly payment without incurring a penalty?
You are absolutely able to pay more than your required monthly payment. There is no penalty for paying off the loan early, and you will save on interest charges by doing so.
What are my options if I can’t afford the down payment?
Our primary goal at Carvana is to set you up for success in your loan. Your lowest possible down payment will vary depending on the vehicle you choose. You can also trade-in your current vehicle to help lower your down payment.
When is my down payment due?
If you are in one of our local markets, the down payment is due on delivery/pick-up day once you’ve had a chance to check out your car and tell us you want to accept it for your 7-day Money Back Guarantee. If you are outside our local delivery zones, the down payment will be due once your purchase is verified by our Underwriting Team and prior to transporting your vehicle. We will ask you for verbal authorization before we initiate the ACH transaction. For more information on local markets and if you are in one click here.
Can I split my down payment into multiple payments?
The down payment must be paid in full. We process your down payment as one ACH transaction directly from your checking or savings account.
When is the first monthly payment due?
Your first monthly payment is due 30 days after you receive your vehicle. Typically, around the 10th day, our loan servicer, GO Financial, will reach out to you to welcome you and inform you how to set up and make your monthly payments.
Can I add a co-signer to my vehicle?
Carvana financing only offers single-buyer loans, so we do not have the option to co-sign. However, we do accept third-party financing if you decide to co-sign for a loan with your own bank or credit union. Keep in mind, we do work with most third parties, with exceptions including but not limited to Road Loans and Car Finance Capital.
Does Carvana offer financing if choose to purchase elsewhere?
At this time, Carvana Financing can only be used for our own inventory. With thousands of vehicles in our inventory, and hundreds more added every week, we are confident in the quality selection we offer.
Can I use a credit card for my down payment or monthly payment?
We do not accept credit card payments. Instead, we require an ACH withdrawal from your checking or savings account to complete the purchase. ACH withdrawal is a common practice, and the website will ask you for your account information at the end of the purchase process. Keep in mind, for local markets, no funds will be withdrawn prior to your delivery/pick-up. With direct markets (outside our local delivery zones), we will ask for verbal permission before submitting for funds.
My down payment is too high. What are my options?
Your down payment is based on the results of your Carvana Financing application and is based on your credit history, yearly income, and the price of the vehicle. Some options to lower your down payment include:
- Do you have a trade-in vehicle you could apply to your purchase? Any positive trade credit will be applied towards your down payment. You can fill out the trade application here.
- Since vehicle price is a factor, try looking through lower priced inventory to see vehicles with lower down payments.
- Since yearly income is a factor, do you have any other verifiable income you can add to your financing application? If so, you can update that here.
- Carvana accepts auto loans from most third party lenders. If you receive better terms with a local bank or credit union, you can apply that loan to your Carvana purchase.
TITLE AND REGISTRATION
How does registration work?
We want to make car buying as seamless as possible. Just like no one enjoys going to the dealership, we know you don’t like standing in line at the DMV or tag office to get your registration completed. For the majority of our customers*, we are able to complete the registration process for you. We handle the necessary title and registration paperwork with you at the time of delivery or pick-up, and then we complete the rest with the DMV. The vehicle will come with a Temporary Operating Plate, and once registration is completed, we will mail you your permanent plates and registration.
*Some state restrictions may apply.
If I pay cash for my vehicle, when will I receive my title?
Once your registration is completed, the title will be mailed directly to you in 6-8 weeks. If you would like another person added to the title, we will ask for a copy of their driver’s license before we begin the registration process.
Will an open recall on my vehicle be fixed prior to me receiving it?
At Carvana, we will always be committed to selling high-quality vehicles that meet our inspection standards. We’re also committed to being open, honest, and transparent with you about the car you are buying. Recalls are an inevitable part of the auto industry. Unfortunately, Carvana cannot fix recalls directly because the current recall system is based on the manufacturer’s relationship with its dealers and registered vehicle owners, not with independent auto dealers like Carvana. We’ve included everything you need to know about safety recalls here.
Are Carvana’s vehicle prices negotiable?
We want to make car buying as easy and stress-free as possible by eliminating the pricing games you might find at a traditional dealership. Our vehicles are priced as competitively as possible. We don’t negotiate on our prices, but keep in mind we don’t have any dealer or doc fees, and all of our cars come with a 100-day comprehensive warranty and 7-day Money Back Guarantee.
What is my out-the-door price?
We have no hidden fees, so the price you see is the price you get! Your out-the-door price for each vehicle will be on the vehicle display page. It will be the sticker price of the vehicle plus your local taxes and title and registration fees as based on your zip code. Your out-the-door price will also include any extras you choose to add, such as an extended warranty or GAP coverage. If you are located outside of a local market, a delivery fee may apply.
When do I need to get insurance?
You will need to have proof of insurance at the time your vehicle is delivered. You can either print off the proof of insurance or show it to us on your smartphone.
What is the lien holder address for insurance purposes?
If you are financing with Carvana, the lien holder address is Carvana LLC: PO Box 29002, Phoenix, AZ 85038.
What kind of insurance do I need?
Carvana always recommends full coverage insurance, but the minimum insurance requirement will depend on how you are paying for your vehicle. If you are financing with Carvana, you will need full coverage insurance (comprehensive and collision). If you are financing with a third party, contact the third party to find out their minimum requirements. If you are paying cash, you will need state minimum liability insurance for the state where you are registering the vehicle.
What should I do about my insurance if I return my vehicle during the 7-day Money Back Guarantee?
If you decide to return your vehicle within the first 7 days, you will need to keep insurance active until the day we come to pick up the vehicle. You can contact your insurance provider and explain that you returned the car and they may be able to offer you a pro-rated refund. Contact your insurance provider for more details.
Does Carvana offer GAP coverage?
We do! GAP coverage is available to Carvana customers in 14 states, including: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
WARRANTY (100-DAY AND CARVANA CARE)
What is the Limited Warranty?
Every vehicle we sell comes with a complimentary Limited Warranty from Carvana provided by our warranty company, SilverRock. The warranty is valid for 100 days or 4,189 miles from the time of your purchase, whichever comes first. This warranty covers both Basic components (e.g. air conditioning, audio systems, vehicle sensors, fuel systems and major electrical components) as well as Powertrain components (e.g. engine, transmission, and drive train). Please note, there is a co-pay to open a warranty claim. To see more about what is and isn’t covered, click here.
What is Carvana Care?
Many of our vehicles have the option for an extended Carvana Care warranty. This is a comprehensive warranty that covers both basic and powertrain components, has a $50 copay, and the coverage begins the day you receive your vehicle. To see if there are Carvana Care warranty options for any vehicle, click on any vehicle’s detail page and scroll down to the “Build My Deal” section.
What isn’t covered by the Limited Warranty and Carvana Care?
The main things the Limited Warranty and Carvana Care do not cover are: cosmetic damage, accidental damage, replaceable parts, regular maintenance, and regular wear and tear.
Do your warranties come with roadside assistance?
Both Carvana’s Limited Warranty and Carvana Care Extended Warranty come with Roadside Assistance. You’ll have towing, jump start, flat tire assistance, locksmith assistance, and emergency gas/fluids assistance all just a call away when you need it.
How do I use my Limited Warranty?
Your Limited Warranty is provided through our warranty provider, SilverRock. To open a warranty claim, the service advisor at a dealership or ASE certified mechanic can contact SilverRock directly at 1-866-628-3905 to provide a diagnostic on the vehicle’s issues and submit the claim.